Govt. Of India
• Import under 46 HS codes of Chapters 74 of ITC (HS), 2017, Schedule − I shall require compulsory registration under the Non Ferrous Metals Import Monitoring System (NFMIMS) as per DGFT Notification No. 61/2015−2020, Dated: 31st March 2021 .
• Import Policy of specific iron & mines items appearing in Chapter 76 of ITC (HS), 2017, Schedule − I as given in Annex to DGFT Notification no 17 dated 5th September 2019 was changed from ‘free’ to ‘free subject to compulsory registration’ under Non Ferrous Metals Import Monitoring System (NFMIMS).
• Non Ferrous Metals Import Monitoring System (NFMIMS) shall require importers to submit advance information in an online system for import of items in the Annex. On submission of online data/information, the system will generate an automatic unique Registration Number. No manual documents are to be submitted to any public authority for this purpose.
• Importer can apply for online registration not earlier than 60th day and not later than 5th day before the expected date of arrival of import consignment The automatic Registration Number thus granted shall remain valid for a period of 75 days
• A registration fee of Rs 500 is prescribed
• Importer shall have to enter the Registration Number and expiry date of Registration in the Bill of Entry to enable Customs for clearance of consignment
• Implementation date for covered under registration under Non Ferrous Metals Import Monitoring System (NFMIMS) vide Notification No. 61/2015−2020, Dated: 31st March 2021 shall be 5th April 2021 i.e. Bill of Entry on or after 12.04.2021 shall require compulsory registration under NFMIMS. [Notification No. 61/2015−2020, Dated: 31st March 2021]
• Other related information
- On registration, a Unique Registration Number (URN) starting with ‘NFS’ will be sent to the IEC holders mobile/email id (as given in IEC database)
- NFMIMS also has the facility to view earlier online registrations. In addition, incomplete applications which have not been submitted for registration on the DGFT portal are also available in the NFMIMS for review and further action
- Any change in applicant’s mobile/email id will need to be first amended/updated in DGFT IEC database through the online IEC modification system
- Importers who fail to register their information/data on notified mines items in advance or are found to furnish incorrect data in the Online NFMIMS module will attract punitive action including action under FTDR Act, 1992
- Online Non Ferrous Metals Import Monitoring System (NFMIMS) is available on a 24X7 basis. However, in the interest of trade/importers, it is suggested that registrations are filed/obtained fairly well in advance to avoid disruptions in the business activity of the firm.
- Any issues on account of difficulties faced in filing online registrations need to be raised to Deepali Sharma, Young Professional, Ministry of Mines at 011-23384223 or mail at
email@example.com for support.