Govt. Of India
• Import of Integrated Circuits (ITC HS Codes: 85423100, 85423900, 85423200, 85429000, 85423300) shall require compulsory registration under the Chip Import Monitoring System (CHIMS) as per DGFT Notification No. 05/2015-2020 dated 10.05.2021.. The facility of online testing of CHIMS, without payment of registration fee, will be with effect from 01.05.2021 on trial basis. the CHIMS will be from 01.10.2021.
• Import Policy condition of ITC (HS) 85423100, 85423900, 85423200, 85429000, 85423300 was revised from 'free' to 'free subject to compulsory registration' under Chip Import Monitoring System (CHIMS).
• Chip Import Monitoring System (CHIMS) shall require importers to submit advance information in an online system for import of above items. On submission of online data/information, the system will generate an automatic unique Registration Number. No manual documents are to be submitted to any public authority for this purpose.
• The importer can apply for registration not earlier than 60th day before the expected date of arrival of import consignment. The registration can be made on the same day of arrival of import also. The automatic Registration number is granted just after the payment of fees. The automatic Registration Number thus granted shall remain valid for a period of 75 days.
• A registration fee of Rs 1 per thousand subject to a minimum of Rs.100/− and maximum of Rs 500/- on aggregate CIF value of imports will need to be paid through electronic mode in the online system for each registration number.
• Importer shall have to enter the Registration Number and expiry date of Registration in the Bill of Entry to enable Customs for clearance of consignment.
• On registration, a Unique Registration Number (URN)
will be sent to the IEC holders mobile/email id (as given in IEC
- CHIMS also has the facility to view earlier online registrations. In addition, incomplete applications which have not been submitted for registration on the DGFT portal are also available in the CHIMS for review and further action.
- Any change in applicant’s mobile/email id will need to be first amended/updated in DGFT IEC database through the online IEC modification system.
- Importers who fail to register their information/data on notified HS Code items in advance or are found to furnish incorrect data in the Online CHIMS module will attract punitive action including action under FTDR Act, 1992.
- Online Chip Import Monitoring System (CHIMS) is available on a 24X7 basis. However, in the interest of trade/importers, it is suggested that registrations are filed/obtained fairly well in advance to avoid disruptions in the business activity of the firm.
-Any issues on account of difficulties faced in filling online registrations need to be raised to Mr. Sushil Kumar Jangid, Scientist'B', Meity at 011-24301784 or mail at email@example.com for support.